Wednesday 28 March 2012

Ribbon canvas board

I’ve been looking for a really nice criss cross style bulletin board for a while now but have had no luck. So in truth Thrifty fashion I decided to create my own.
The logical thing would’ve been to look up how to make a proper one online.
But to those who know me, when have I ever done things logically :3
I started off with these materials:
N.B. Please excuse the dark pictures as I only have a chance to do much in the evenings after work


The canvas cost 99p from Home’n’Bargains & the ribbon was 86p for 4 metres at the local haberdashery.
Regrettably I didn’t have a strong stapler, so had to use a general paper stapler (Rookie mistake number one)

I covered the canvas with leftover material I had & stapled it (Badly) to the frame.

I then covered the canvas with the ribbon diagonally across one side, then the other side.
The staples were choosing not to stick very well & I was forced to used pins to keep the ribbon in place but I’m not showing you that!
Here is the finished result!:

No comments:

Post a Comment