Sunday 8 April 2012

Crayon Canvas Creations

Previously i'd written about my first attempt at a Melted crayon canvas
 It was a basic project. But lots of fun to do, so much so i decided to make some more as christmas gifts. Unfortunately due to being so bogged down with work over the busiest period of the year I had little time (or energy) to have them finished in time.

As they were for two sisters I wanted to make them more personal
Firstly Iused basic strong tape I shaped their first initials onto a plain canvas:

The S was a difficult one to do on the curves but a  basic outline of the letter was all that was needed as I would later outline the letters with acrylic paint.
Once the crayons were fixed to the canvas and the letters were outlined, the fun began!
Some of the tape decided to buckle under pressure & flaked away but it still managed a general outline
Once both canvases were dry, (With a little help from my skilled & patient other half) I outlined the letter and this is the finished result! :)

It is suprisingly relaxing sitting infront of a canvas melting crayons with a hot hairdryer (anger management!), I recommend that everyone tries this at least once. It’s so simple and fun to do & you can create a unique piece of art that is different everytime.

2 comments: