Tuesday 12 June 2012

Making my own Lipbalm

Inspired by channel 4s' Superscrimpers (In particular Jazz), I decided to have a go at making my own lipbalm using basic ingredients & simple instruction that can be found on their website:Here
 

You will need the following ingredients:
16g of almond oil
4g of beeswax
Small jar or tin for storage
& Flavouring

 I chose to use peppermint oil for my flavouring & got all of my ingredients for around a £1 or so each from eBay!
I know you may wonder, for that much you could just buy a brand new branded lipbalm but where's the fun in that.
I get to make my own products & i know exactly what has gone into it & it will last me a very long time, instead of going through several plastic tubes & adding to the landfill.

I used a small old lip balm tin that was a very pretty gift from spain many moons ago.
I also had several little jars left over from my trips to EAT in the mornings for a cheeky jam on toast, so cute!


Simply all you have to do is melt the beeswax, almond oil & flavouring together in a pan, then once melted pour into the jar or tin & leave to set



Ta Dar!
It tastes delicious & my lips are silky smooth :)
Easy enough for anyone to have a go!






No comments:

Post a Comment